Friday, October 06, 2006

Really good day!

Today was just one of those days when things just seemed to go well. I rearranged our school schedule (again!) and things went much smoother. Everyone's attitudes were good and we were able to accomplish quite a bit. It felt very good.

Gabe lost another tooth today. He is not one to fiddle with a loose tooth and I have been tempted to go in and snag the silly thing out while he was sleeping. It finally came out on it's own while he was eating lunch. He has two others that are loose.

It finally fell out!

Brian went in very early this morning, so he was home a bit early. I had worked on cleaning the pool earlier in the day and we finally got it all closed up. That is a good chore out of the way.

The kids played outside all afternoon. It was such a gorgous fall day. Cool, but bright and sunny. I think we are going to get a freeze tonight. I took the plants out of my water garden.

Hannah and Dan enjoyed having Gabe
push them in the wheelbarrow

I tried Jodi's (from SHS) pull apart rolls today. I used 1/2 ww flour and 1/2 unbleached all purpose. They came out very good. Everyone agreed we could make them again. Thanks, Jodi!

Bessie had a soccer game tonight. Her toe was feeling well enough for her to play. They won 2-0. Bessie has only been playing for two years and the coach is so patient and really encouraging to her. She played almost the whole game. It is nice to see a coach that remembers that this is suppose to be fun for the kids.

It is a beautiful night out...mid 40s right now and the moon is full. It seems so huge. The coyotes will be howling for sure.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Congrats on the lost tooth! Congrats on the bunk beds too! I bet it will be good to have everyone set up the wy you want them in the bedrooms and such. Here's hoping Gabe will co-operate!

Glad to hear you liked the pull apart rolls. They seem to have made it to the most requested foods here at the moment, which is nice, since they are easy to make!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I'm with GABE...the children come to me to pull their teeth and I scream and tell them to go away! LOL

Congrats to Gabe.