Friday, October 27, 2006

Not too much going on this week...at least nothing terribly exciting.

Our weather has been cloudy and cold this week. Very early winterish. Most of the leaves have fallen and it is quite gray.

We have gotten quite a bit of school done this week. Things are settling in better and everyone has started to accept that we do school at home. The new kids, especially Rachel were very confused by this. I guess no one homeschools in the Philippines.

Bessie usually has piano on Wednesdays, but she has been having headaches a lot lately and didn't feel up to going. She has a doctor's appointment next week. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of the problem.

Thursday was Dan's last day of nursery school. His teacher made quite a fuss over him and she gave him a book when he left. She was almost in tears when I picked him up. We go to church with them, so it isn't like we won't see them again!

Brian come home from work early so that I could go out shopping for Bessie's birthday, which is Saturday. I had pretty good success. Brian is going to pick up one more item today.

I had choir Thursday evening. Gabe likes to come with me. He brings the portable DVD player and sits in the back of the church. We finished up going through our Stars and Stripes musical. We will be doing run throughs for the next few weeks and then have our preformance the weekend of the 18th.

Today has turned off sunny and cold. The sky is so blue and a welcome change from the grayness of this week. I'll post more later.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad things are humming along - establishing a routine.

BTW I love the "feel" of your blog...it's soothing...I may well borrow your color scheme, if I figure it out. LOL

Debbie said...

The main set up for my blog is Rounders. I changed the main block color to match the sidebar and changed all the fonts to the dark blue.

Green is my favorite color. It always is to calming for me. Let me know and I can look up the color numbers for you.
Deb