We then moved on to setting up one of the toddler beds in Bessie's room for Hannah. Now all three girls are together. We were concerned that Bess wouldn't like this as she has always had her own room. This is a trial run and we'll see how it goes. If she would rather have her own space, we will have to do some more moving.
Bessie and Gabe try out the new bunks

Gabe and Dan's room was next. We took down one of the toddler beds and moved Bessie's old twin bed in there for Gabe. We moved some things around in their room, straightened all the rooms out, vacuumed and made all the beds.
We are still short on bureau space, so I need to sort and store clothes, but that will have to wait until after the weekend.
Gabe has been in our room since he was around two. He used to have terrible night terrors and had trouble falling back to sleep once he woke up at night. No one was getting any sleep, so we moved him into our room...in his own bed, but in our room. After five years, I have to say that it is going to be very, very strange to have him in his own room.
Brian, Bessie and Dan headed to the grocery store for a few things while Gabe, Rachel, Hannah and I went over to the church for some bike riding and roller blading.
Everyone had showers, stories, singing and bed (Well, Bessie skipped the stories and singing). We weren't sure how it was going to go tonight, but Gabe went into his own bed and fell asleep. This is a major step for him. It is a bit sad for momma. Everyone is happily sleeping in their own space. Life is good.
3 comments:
Tell Gabe that I said a big "WAY TO GO!!!" on sleeping in his own room! I hope the new arrangements are still working out well. It sounds like you had a very productive weekend!
Lisa
I just noticed the dresser in the girls' room...it looks uncannily like the one I have in Hannah's room. It was mine, handed down from many years ago, and Scott refinished it and put white knobs on it...and it looks IDENTICAL to yours!
Yippee Gabe! Sounds like you've been BUSY. Love all the pretty fall pictures (even though it's fall foliage here too it's still nice to see pictures of other ares!). Also the cross stitch on the other post is so cute/
Post a Comment