The wind has just been a howling today. There have been wind advisories all day. Thankfully, it isn't terribly cold, mid-40s. The sun has been in and out, mostly out with a few sprinkles. As the sun goes down, we might get a few snow showers.
We had a good morning. Everyone was up nice and early due to the time change, so no rushing around to get ready for church. We had a guest speaker today. He works with a NY organization that promotes legislative accountability and responsibility. He was very interesting to listen to. Some of what he had to say was quite discouraging, but I think it is good to realize that Christian's need to at least get out and vote.
Dispite the vicious winds, Bri and I went for a walk. Gabe tagged along. I told him that we didn't walk slow and that we went farther than when we walk as a family. He assured us he could keep up and he did. It was nice to have that time with him. We saw a wild turkey, a great blue heron, a small snake (squashed in the road), a very cold sluggish stag beetle and the smallest wooly-bear caterpiller I've ever seen.
I was able to get some stitching in today. I have a dealine of Tuesday for a block I'm working on. I'm almost finished and may get it done tonight.
We had tea tonight for our supper. It was a very enjoyable time. This is the first time Brian was able to join us and he thought it was a wonderful idea.
The Littles hit the wall early tonight because of the time change. We kept them up a bit longer, but finally put them to bed. We played some more Uno Attack. That is Gabe's favorite game right now.
2 comments:
I bet the walk was a highlight for Gabe. Nolan went jogging today with Jamin....Jamin only took him down to see the deer .4 and back....but he felt big. {G}
HOW do you get your ticker and verse and little leaves OUTSIDE of the box.....please enlighten me oh wise one....
Blustery weekend here too. The kids enjoyed playing in the wild wind. Sounds like you had a very nice day.
Post a Comment