Friday, June 22, 2007

Friends

We had friends over one day this week. It was a great day. We had our five, Debbie O's three and she had two extras. It was a great day of fun. The kids enjoyed the tramp and the pool.
Chendi, Ben and Gabe
Dan sure enjoys his watermelon
Dan spends as much time under
the water as on top
Jonathan was not sure he liked the pool
Hannah keeps Jonathan entertained
God has blessed us with a nice home and yard, a yard that is great for kids....lots of room and things to do and I am so glad when we can share it with friends.

7 comments:

Romany said...

God bless you for opening up your home and garden to friends.

I think that people in my area/country are losing the spirit of hospitality and need to do try to regain it. It's so easy to think of excuses not to, isn't it?

I bet you had a lot of tired and happy kids leaving at the end of that day!

Debbie said...

Dorothy, I wish we did more. I also feel that hospitality is a wonderful gift that you can offer other people.

We tend to do more outside as I think our yard is nicer than our house! :-p I need to get over the idea that everything has to be perfect before people can come into our home.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Looks like a gret day!

Kristine said...

I don't remember seeing a photo of Dan where he looks less than absolutely enthralled with what he is doing. I just love his adorable expressions; he looks like he enjoys every minute of life!

Debbie said...

Kristine, Dan is a very happy little boy and takes great joy in life...most of the time!

He has another side that doesn't last long, but rears it's ugly head whenever he doesn't get his way or is mad at someone...he will scream at the top of his lungs like someone is killing him! Quite annoying. We are working on that one.

Otherwise, he is a joy to be around.

Cynthia said...

Do you have trouble with mosquitoes? We also have a large yard and LOVE to have people over, but the mosquitoes are HORRIBLE! We need to spray on a more regular basis if we hope to spend much time outdoors. Anyway... .seeing how you all LOVE the outdoors makes me wonder if you have the mosquitoe problems that we have?

Debbie said...

Cynthia, most of the time we do not have many mosquitos. If it is later in the day, they will come out. We have a lot of deer flies around the pool and they can be a bother sometimes and in the early spring we sometimes have black flies, but generally it is not uncomfortable to spend time outside.