Monday, June 25, 2007

More Pool Fun

Brian had the day off after his trip. He was very tired, so he spent a lot of time just hanging out with us. He watched the kids in the pool during one of their sessions, while I got some work done inside.

After a couple of cooler days, the weather turned hot and humid again. The kids just love the pool on these days...well, they love the pool most days!

Gabe has figured out how to jump off the side of the pool and land sitting in the donut. I'm not sure why it doesn't flip him out, but he does it every time! He is so pleased with himself over this feat.




I just love taking pictures of Dan. He is such a happy boy and takes pleasure in the simplest things. Here he is shooting the squirt gun up in the air and letting the water fall back on his face.


Rachel and Gabe
Hannah has gotten very brave and is doing all sorts of tricks in the pool now. Here she is jumping off the side. She has discovered that she can reach the bottom in the shallow end if she stands on her tippy-toes. This has given her a new freedom.


Ah, the joys of water!

5 comments:

Kristine said...

GREAT action shots, Debbie! Just one more advantage to the pool, the independence the kids find in it . . .

Cynthia said...

LOVE your pool... I SO wish we had one, but I'm not sure we'd be home enough to actually take care of and enjoy it in the summer. Did you teach your kids to swim? I noticed no life jackets so I'm assuming they all know how to swim now. I still have to teach our 4 yo how to swim. It's not so easy to get to the pool and do that now that we don't do synchro anymore with the girls.

Debbie said...

Kristine, it has helped the kids gain a lot of independence. The Littles can be so timid of things, but they are taking off with their water skills.

Cynthia, we just love the pool. We ar home a lot (my choice) and it makes it nice. We did teach the kids to swim. Dan is the only one left to go. Brian and I both love the water, so I guess it just trickles down to the kids.

Kathy in WA said...

I love the pool as well. Did you worry about the kids when they first joined your family? My mom (who adores swimming) was very nervous when we got a simple, above the ground pool while we had a toddler.

The water looks so fresh and clean and inviting!

Debbie said...

Kathy, Bessie and Gabe grew up around water, so they were good to go in the pool. We would just put a lifejacket and let them go. It was so funny to watch them bobbing around the pool like corks.

The Littles were terrified of the water last summer. Never even stepped off the stairs. By the end of the summer they were doing better with little floatie donuts. Rachel learned to swim before the end of last summer.

This summer, they are all really great. Dan wears a floatation vest and Hannah is swimming now.

I'm not a nervous Nelly when it comes to that sort of thing. I stay right there and they had a few dunks once in a while, but I was right there to pull them out or one of the other kids would. We are very careful with making sure the gates are latches and locked when we aren't using it.