Thursday, May 08, 2008

Baby Bunny

I spotted this little guy in our pool late this afternoon. The shallow end of the pool is dry as our pool liner split this winter, so he wasn't in the water, but he was a long way down with no way out.

I have a suspicion that the cat chased him into the pool enclosure and he fell over the edge into the pool.

He was still alive, but not very lively, so we put him in one of our cages with food and water and will see if he survives. He may have injured himself in the fall or could just be in shock.



7 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

He's cute. I hope he survives.

Linda said...

Awwww...he's a cutie! Oddly enough, we live in an area where we have been seeing one or two bunnies every day. I think part of it is the construction next door (WHAT A MESS!), it's scared them into the more civilian world. Every morning and evening, we see a bunny take the life-threatening hop across the driveway to the relative safety of the back woods (which are only about 10 feet deep before the NEXT housing development)

Kristine said...

Debbie, he's darling. One more thing SW VA has in common with NNY!!! We've been seeing bunnies too. It strikes me as quite funny, as I've heard both Robert and Trevor say, "Ooh, it's either a bunny or a turkey in the woods!" How can the two be confused? lol

Love the new flower pic on the top of your blog too.

Anonymous said...

Oh Debbie
the little bunny is adorable
and thank God you saved her.

Keep us posted.

Love, Becky

Kathy in WA said...

How sweet! Keep us updated on what happens to this little guy.

Chris said...

Aww, hope he makes it. He is just darling.

Jodi said...

How adorable! I hope he makes it too.

We must have a very lot of bunnies in our woods, we see the proof but we rarely, as in not even yearly, see an actual rabbit. Just their tracks in the snow and their something else in the summer!