Despite two nights of harsh frost, my garden continues to show more color. This old-fashioned bleeding heart is a favorite of mine. I am a fan of the older varieties of flowers and this one is beautiful.
The bleeding hearts are so delicately beautiful, aren't they? And what a color! Some of mine are still bent over, as if someone had taken the branches and bent them purposely. I don't think they're going to stand up again by themselves. I may have to find some stakes and help them out, which will spoil the effect of their beauty somewhat, but it'll be better than seeing their lovely blossoms laying on the ground. Your spring flower are gorgeous! Aren't the tulips wonderful? I love your tiny, fragrant daffs :)
I didn't realize you guys were so far ahead of us. I don't have any blooms on our bleeding hearts, but they are at least coming up! This is their first winter.
11 comments:
love the garden flower pics :-)
Hi Debbie,
I sent you a pkg over a month ago and I am wondering if you ever received it? I hope so cuz I wanted to thank you in a special way!
Hugs, Melanie
Wow! I've never seen that before. Weird-looking when it's new to you!{g}
Your spring photos are just beautiful!
Beautiful.
Beautiful....my pretty flowers are all slowly dying....I'm not sure what to try next. LOL
Wow, Debbie. That *is* pretty! :)
~Stacy
The bleeding hearts are so delicately beautiful, aren't they? And what a color! Some of mine are still bent over, as if someone had taken the branches and bent them purposely. I don't think they're going to stand up again by themselves. I may have to find some stakes and help them out, which will spoil the effect of their beauty somewhat, but it'll be better than seeing their lovely blossoms laying on the ground.
Your spring flower are gorgeous! Aren't the tulips wonderful?
I love your tiny, fragrant daffs :)
Hello Debbie,
Good to meet you!
. . . and actually you ARE the 2nd winner at my
Matchbook Garden giveaway!
I'll be back to read more of your blog soon. Please email me your address and the Matchbook is one its way to you.
(((Hugs))) Becky
beckystowAT yahooDOT com
I love the bleeding hearts too! Robert planted them in CO, where they did well in the shade.
(Says the wife who knows nothing about gardening!)
I didn't realize you guys were so far ahead of us. I don't have any blooms on our bleeding hearts, but they are at least coming up! This is their first winter.
Post a Comment