The day was quite cool and rainy, but we try never to let the weather stop us from having fun. We keep a couple of umbrellas in the van and when we arrived, the nice young lady that was working there proceeded to bring out enough umbrellas for everyone. Umbrellas and little kids is enough in itself to keep my younger crew happy.
Bessie was given this very pretty umbrella. Isn't it lovely? Just perfect for Bess.
I of course enjoyed walking around the perennial areas. We bought some annuals for the hanging baskets, several perennials, two water plants and a fish. Our gold fish survived quite nicely in the pond over the winter and we thought he needed a new friend.There is a woodland trail that is planted with ferns, hostas and other shade loving plants. There are also several ponds with fish. This is a regular treat for the kids. I made them wait until we were almost done before we walked the trail.

I'll have my work set before me figuring out where to plant my new gems.
2 comments:
We've had rain for 8 straight days now. I'm thinking I may need to find an umbrella one of these days!
Cynthia, so have we! It's so nice to have had a little sun today!
Debbie,
My kids used to love the aquatic centre at our garden place too! We had two ponds back thena nd they loved to lie beside them and watch what was going on in there!
Post a Comment