Saturday, May 31, 2008

In the Garden

A few shots from the garden today.

We have several frogs in residence in the garden pond.

Mr. Garter Snake seems to think perhaps those frogs would make a nice supper. He has been hanging out, in and around the pond this week.

The kids found this small Easter Milk Snake in the driveway today. I had not seen one in our yard before. He is harmless although he put up a good show, shaking his little tail and striking at us. I think he is quite handsome. We moved him out back into the woods.



3 comments:

Kristine said...

EWWWW, creepy snakes! Robert found one somewhere in our back, and I'm thinking it was near our back door/steps from the deck. I think about it every.single.time I let the dog out. UGH.

And I've seen lots of big black ones laying in the road. I'm too chicken to drive over any of them. But one or two have already been squished. And it's hard for me to be sad!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

ACK snakes! There are NO snakes in AK....but the flowers are lovely....very pretty. I just won't think about snakes until I survive the summer.

Cynthia said...

ACK!!!! I wouldn't touch the snake...