The temperature made it up into the 30s today, but the skies were gray. We are suppose to get snow later.
After lunch we went out for another walk. After yesterdays adventure, I wasn't sure how it would go, but we forged ahead. We brought one of the strollers this time. It went some better, although at one point Dan had a minor tantrum over a stick and hitting and plopped himself right down in the road! Oh well. They all did pretty well, but Hannah complained of a sore foot and Dan just gets bored, so on the way back, Bessie pushed them both in the stroller. It isn't really made for two, but they are pretty small.
Hannah and Dan get a ride from big sister
The river meanders along the road we live on. It cuts back into the woods in several places and then it comes out again close to the road. We go over two narrow bridges as the river hooks back on itself. It is always pretty no matter the season, but I love the way the ice and water make it look in the winter.look closely on the ice near the water's edge
At one point in the river, there are wonderful falls that tumble down some ledges. The falls themselves are frozen now, although you can see and hear the water flowing under the ice. My pictures don't show it well, but there is so much texture to the way the falls have frozen.

We had a quiet afternoon after our walk. Bessie finished up some schoolwork and the youngers played nicely. Once high point of taking everyone walking is they are much calmer afterward.

6 comments:
What a gorgeous spot for a walk. I love the ice/water/snow thing too. We had a creek that ran through the back of our yard in AK and I loved to go down and snap photos....
Debbie, the photos are beautiful, but it looks waaayy too cold for me to be out walking!
Debbie,
I love your pictures! Everyone looks great and as if they are settling in so well. I know what a relief that is!
Keep on postin'!!!
Blessings,
Nikki
Yay! A whole week's schooling done well!
Dorothy
Very nice pictures.
Okay, after reading all your posts about walking, I may just have to try this! Now I just need to figure out when to do it so it doesn't interfere with Jack's nap. :-) ~Lisa
Post a Comment