Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Recap

Saturday...
A day of errands, chores and play. Mom and Dad came over late in the afternoon to stay with the kids. Brian and I went to a Valentine's Dinner at church. It was a lot of fun. They had a Newlywed Game spin off that was very funny.

Sunday...
I went to the early service as the choir was singing. A quick buzz home and then we all went back to church for Sunday school and second service. On Sunday when the choir sings, we do both services. Bessie had an audition after church with the music committee. This is required if you would like to be added to the special music rotation. She was nervous, but did very well and has been added to the list. She is thrilled and eagerly going through music tracks to pick out some songs. We had a quiet afternoon. I took a nap!

Monday...
A good day at home. We got in a good morning of school. Gabe, Rachel and I went for a walk. Brian had a late flight, so he didn't get home until 11:30pm. I worked on my current cross-stitch block.

This particular block comes from the Beginner's Bible and is of Noah, the Ark and some of the animals. It is a larger pattern than usual, but quite simple. It is taking me forever. I am not really sure why, but I'm feeling like Penelope from The Odyssey. I am not pulling out stitches, but everyday it seems I make no progress! I guess I am, but it is very, very slow.

Tuesday....
Bessie's usual piano lesson was canceled. Brian, Gabe and I went walking after Bri got home. The dirt road is getting very muddy.

Today...
We went visiting. The family we visited is dear to my heart as they also have adopted children, three of them. They are an "older" couple, like we are, so I feel a real kindred spirit with them. We can talk about issues and there is understanding. Their adoptions where different than the usual baby adoptions, so we have a lot in common.

The kids had a great time playing outside in the snow. It was warmer today and the sun was bright. We took a walk and enjoyed the fresh air. You can feel spring in the air; even though we are expecting another snowstorm this weekend. The birds always sound differently at this time of year and the sun is getting higher in the sky. We have had a relatively mild winter this year, but it will still be wonderful to see spring arrive.

1 comment:

Romany said...

Oh how wonderful that you and your dh got out for a meal together just you two!

Jamie and I are out this Sat for our annual meal alone! Our wedding anniversary.

Dorothy