Sunday, February 11, 2007

Quilts

As I've mentioned before, I stitch with a small group of ladies, for charity. This is an online group and we make quilts from cross-stitch blocks for children with chronic or life-threatening diseases. I have never met any of these ladies, but they are wonderful friends.

When they knew that the Philippine kids were coming home, they wanted to make quilts for all of our children. I was overwhelmed and so very pleased that they wanted to bless our family with these quilts. They allowed me to be part of the surprise so that I could stitch a block for each of the kids quilts.

It was quite comical as I openly worked on the quilt blocks and the kids had no idea. They are so used to seeing me working on my cross-stitching that they never would have guessed the blocks this time were for them.

Below are the quilts. The kids love them and sleep with them every night.

Rachel's My Little Pony quilt
Bessie's butterfly quilt
Dan's Thomas the Tank Engine quilt
Gabe's heavy equipment quilt
Hannah's Hello Kitty quilt

6 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

These are gorgeous! What a great group of ladies - talented too.

Cynthia said...

BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the heavy equipment one. My boys would LOVE that!

How do you care for such a quilt? I would be leary of having them use it. Is the backside secured somehow so the stitching won't come undone? I've noticed a few of my stockings have a few threads that are slipping out now after 10-18 years of use!

I LOVE this idea.

Kristine said...

Oh, Debbie, what a precious gift that all of your children can treasure forever. Wow.

Romany said...

Just beautiful!

Dorothy

berrypatch said...

Oh & love them!!! I remember you talking about this. :-) ~Lisa

Jodi said...

Those are the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen. You are a talented bunch in your group! Wow is all I can say from someone who seems to have trouble just sewing on Tae Kwon Do or girl scouts patches!