Today was a pretty full day.
Brian and some of the kids headed out to run errands. They went to the post office, two libraries and two different grocery stores.
I stayed home with the rest of the kids and did laundry, started making pies and worked on my current cross-stitch block. I had to wait until Bri got home from the grocery store to finish my pies. The pies were for a dinner at church tonight.
After lunch, Brian, Gabe and I went for a nice walk. It was warmer out today and the wind had finally died down. It was so enjoyable being able to move right along. We did the two miles in jig time. When we got back, I booted everyone out for some air and exercise. The kids played on the sliding hill for a good long time.
It is amazing what a difference just a few days makes in how much fun the Littles had. The first day they tried sliding, they were quite cautious and didn't seem to enjoy it that much. Today they were giggling and screaming and having a great time. Brian joined them and posted himself at the top of the hill for pushes. He was spinning the bigger kids and they would rocket down the hill twirling like tops. He also "groomed" their trail a bit with the shovel so they didn't slide off into the brush so often.
Tonight we had an appreciation dinner for our pastor at church. It was a surprise and a lot of fun. There have been some difficult times at church recently and I'm sure he was glad to see how many people love and support him. There were over 200 people present. He is a wonderful godly man, who preaches the word and really has a heart for his congregation and for the lost. It was good to be reminded that despite troubles, if we are steadfast in supporting our pastor and praying for him, that God will bless the church.
It was late when we got home, so we had a quick ready for bed and in bed for all.
1 comment:
Debbie,
I changed the status of my blog to private, so you may not be able to see it without the blogger invite, for which I need your email address. Try it and see. If it doesn't work, let me know at dahlmananne@yahoo.com and I'll get you the invite. Blessings,
Post a Comment