Our first family photo 2/16/06 at the airport
This past year has probably been the most difficult our family as ever faced. I wonder if we had known just how difficult it was going to be, would we have still gone forward? I would like to think so, but it has been so tough for us. We are secure in God's plan, but sometimes it can be a very rocky road.
The main thing we have learned from it all is God's faithfulness and grace through all the trials. The daily "manna" that we needed to make it through, but often, just enough to get through. We had to depend totally on his provision and strength.
We all have grown by leaps and bounds and it is so encouraging to see how each of us has been molded and changed, the "old" family members as much as the "new".
We still have far to go, but we are walking more together as one unit instead of two and we can see how shifts in family dynamics are taking place...different pairings instead of the "old" foursome and the "new" threesome. Bonds are being broken and new ones are made as we reform our family into a whole! God is so faithful.
A much different family 2/16/07


7 comments:
Oh Debbie, these posts brought tears to my eyes. I KNOW it's been hard - but wow - you've all come so very far this year. God is so faithful...may you and Brian continue to be a blessing to all your children and may they in turn bless your socks off!
A year...wow! In some ways, thinking back to last Feb, it seems so LONG ago and in other ways time has flown. LOL
Debbie, you're an inspiration. God is good! ~Yvonne
Happy "Whole Family Day" to all of you!
Wow, Debbie, you have me all teary here and you didn't even write anything too mushy.
:) sniff, sniff
Debbie, you can see from the photos how much you've all moulded together.
Happy Plane Day!
Dorothy
I hadn't realised that it's been a whole year since the "new" children joined you. The photos are great and you sure do look more molded as a family now. VBG
I hope things continue to get easier you're doing a great job.
Debbie,
I also didn't realize it's been a year. WOW... time flies. It seems like I remember you talking about it just yesterday.
Post a Comment