Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow for Valentine's Day

We had our first major snowstorm today. It was great. Everyone was so excited. Okay, so usually I am not thrilled with the idea of more snow in February, but this year we have had very little snow, so this was fun.

Brian had no trouble getting into work and was let out early, which was a relief to me. He was able to snowblow the driveway early, which will help tomorrow when he'll do it again.

I gave the kids a "snowday" today. Everyone headed outside to romp in the snow and enjoy some sledding.

The view across the road and that snowstorm

Bessie and Gabe were old pros and tried to share all the sledding tricks with the Littles. Rachel was the only one willing to partake of some of their ideas....like chaining the sleds together.

Of course, I had to get in on the fun. Dan was not too sure about all this whooping and hollering that seems to be part of the whole sledding experience.

Rachel awaiting her turn

Bessie is thrilled, Hannah is well....guarded

Bessie doesn't have much luck "surfing" on her sled

Gabe doesn't have any better success with his attempt

Dan loves the sledding, but not the climb up the hill

Brian shovels the stoop

Round #1 with the driveway

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm jealous! It took us a WEEK of snow everyday to accumulate what it looks like you got in a single day!

Linda said...

I'd like to get just ONE of those snowfalls....

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Now THAT'S some serius snow! I'm jealous of your fun...

Jodi said...

Looks like you all had some great fun!

Romany said...

Snow is FUN, isn't it?

Dorothy