We just finished Peter Pan by J.M Barrie. It was a fun read and Gabe loved it.I am sort of a stickler about reading the unabridged version of books, but some of the parts were a bit strange...at least for me, like when Mr. Darling isn't sure they can keep the children because they are expensive. Explaining this idea to a child who is himself adopted, was a bit difficult, although I'm not sure Gabe understood the implications to his early life.
I am also always on the lookout for some moral discussion and couldn't come up with many except that Peter was so very naughty most of the time!

It was a very fun read and enjoyed by both of us.
We inadvertently picked up a Children's Illustrated Classic version of this, which was abridged, so I set it aside. This has turned out to be a good mistake as Gabe can read it on his own and loves going back over certain parts and noting the differences.
No comments:
Post a Comment