Sunday was the planned day for our extended family celebration for Gabe. Throw in the fact that he has a July birthday and we also try and make this a pool party. We have been very fortunate in years past with the weather and we were not disappointed this year. The forecast at the start of the week did not bode well for a nice day on Sunday, but we were blessed with bright sunshine and warm temps.
It was a smaller gathering with Theresa and three of the kids (Glenn and Julia had to work) and Mom and Dad.
We cooked hot dogs and hamburgers, Theresa brought a pasta salad and mom brought a nice pickle assortment and chips. We also had potato salad and baked beans. We made ice cream cake for dessert. It was very yummy. We put chocolate sauce inbetween the ice cream layers this time and it was soooo good.

The bigger girls enjoy the trampoline

Abbie

Chef Brian mans the grill

Zeb and Gabe load up their plates
After lunch, the kids headed for the pool...well the kids and Dad. He loves playing with the kids in the pool. Dad is such a kid at heart and the grandkids think he is the greatest.
Dad dives through the tube(Not bad at 71 years old!)

Yum, ice cream cake!
The birthday boy opens more gifts

It was a great week of celebrating a great little man.




5 comments:
This looks like a fantastic day!
What a great, great birthday party! I LOVED it! I'm relieved to know there are others out there who spread out birthdays as well. Ha!
Your dad is amazing! Look at him go. I had lots and lots of pool parties growing up as a child - one of the fun things about having a birthday in July. Of course we never had our own pool (and yours is wonderful) but we begged, borrowed and rented as necessary. :)
I forgot to mention that it was fun seeing the older girls jumping like crazy on the trampoline. Something about a trampoline that brings out the child in just about everyone. :)
Kathy, I am FOREVER jumping on that trampoline. I LOVE them!
FUN! We're also dragging out our 4 yo's birthday... I still owe him a party and his birthday was June 1st.. I better get on it or the summer will be over!
Post a Comment