I called Lisa Berry first thing and set up a time to meet them at the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray. The kids were excited about going to the park and I was glad to be able to visit with Lisa. We made it to the park around 12:45pm. We ate lunch in the van on the way there. It took about 1.15 hours to get there which wasn’t bad at all. The clouds had burned off and the sky was blue and the sun nice and warm.
The park was fun and it was nice to see so many native animals of Maine. It does make me somewhat sad to see all these wonderful animals in cages, but I have to remind myself that they are animals that have either been injured or have been in captivity in other places prior to coming to the park. It looked like they were doing a lot of work on different habitats and are trying to make them more natural looking.
The kids had a great time. Gabe and Ben especially hit it off, talking and compare their park maps about which way to go next. Gabe was beside himself taking pictures of all the animals. He did a great job and got some very good shots. He enjoys doing the photography.
Gabe enjoying his new camera

One of the rangers was feeding the birds of prey when we walked through that area; serving up little white mice and rabbit pieces. It was very cool to watch the birds snatch up the tasty morsels. The Raven particularly was fun to watch as he took the mice and hit them around his enclosure and marked the spots with a rock. They are such intelligent birds.
Look at all those kids!


5 comments:
That is SO COOL! I read on Lisa's blog that the two of you met! I'm hoping that I can meet up with you the next time we go east for a vacation. Hopefully next spring!
I've been reading your blog nearly daily for a year now! I remember that I began right when you and Lisa met last year. How fun that we're both "camping" at the same time....though ours really is more of a road race to home at this point. ::snort::
More great pictures. Loved the one of the kids all lined up. So fun that you could meet up.
This is the summer for SHSers to hook up, isn't it?!
My computer has finally cooperated so I could see this post! Got to love slow dial-up. :-( I like how we got different angles of the kiddos! :-) I'm so glad we were able to meet up. Hopefully I'll be able to get to New York this fall for a visit before it gets too cold to use your "guest house" (i.e. the camper!) LOL
Post a Comment