Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It rained yesterday, so the kids didn't get to enjoy the pool. Brian was home in the morning and we worked most of that time moving Gabe into the little alcove area in our room. What a job. We knew his bed would fit in there, but getting it there was a chore. We are happy with the result and although Gabe doesn't always like change, he seemed quite pleased.

I spent time sorting scrapbook stuff after Bri went to work. Going through all my scrapbooking things has made me realize that I really miss doing my books. My pages were never very fancy, but I did enjoy working them. I'm sure I will simplify even more, but I hope to get back to working on my pages.

Today started out cloudy, but the sun burned off the clouds and it was nice this afternoon. I set up this crazy water sprayer toy that Theresa and Glenn had given Dan for his birthday. It is the wildest thing. The water squirts out of all these tubes that whirl and spray back and forth. The kids had a ball. What a simple thing water is, yet it provides such enjoyment.

After dinner, Bessie, Gabe and I went to the library. We love our little library. You can always find something good to read and they don't charge overdue fines!
We have been struggling the last week or so. The Littles do not like all the free time we have and this results in lots of squabbles and bickering. I am thinking about starting back to school soon. I don't have all our material yet, but we can certainly do a modified school day. It will be enough to give the Littles more structure, but not too much that Bess and Gabe feel they have lost their summer.
After I finish cleaning our bedroom, I will start on our school shelves!

8 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

We have the same sprinkler toy.

Debbie - when I have lots of littles I find the same thing - they need the routine of school....even if it's totally hands on school. LOL

Kathy in WA said...

I love that sprinkler toy! It looks like lots of fun.

What will you be doing for school this year with the Littles? Have you figured everything out?

Linda said...

We have that too! The kids love it. Scotty will sit right down and just squirt the water for hours. We have some seriously SHARP grass, though, so the kids always end up with torn up feet and arms and legs!

Anonymous said...

Ahem...what's this about starting back to school again so soon!!??!!
Oh, wait... I never actually stopped. JK mama!

Cynthia said...

SEE! That scrapbooking challenge to organize anything is doing exactly what it was meant to do... get one back into gear. I'm glad you're missing it and might see your way to doing a few pages! That should be our next challenge, huh? To actually take 30 minutes to sit down and mess with a page!

Debbie said...

De'Etta, that is the conclusion I've come to. If I want any peace at home, I need to keep them very busy. Ugh! This is just a season...right?

Kathy, no I haven't totally figured it out, but have decided that I don't think it matters much as long as we stick to it and do a lot of it!

Ouch, Linda, that doesn't sound like fun with all that sharp grass.

Found me out, Bess! I'll go easy on you and Gabe for a few more weeks.

Cynthia, I really am looking forward to working again on my pages! Thanks for the boost.

Cynthia said...

Debbie,
You're welcome! Sometimes that's all we need is a little nudge. Now, I otoh, needed a great big SHOVE! I'm not ready to show my after pictures yet of my scrapbooking room, but I can see the floor now. Not a thing on it and 1 table is entirely cleaned off!

berrypatch said...

I keep simplifying my sb'ing Deb. Now I mat with white cardstock & then mount on colored. I got rid of most of my patterned stuff. It has really freed up a lot of time. I can even crop & mount & crop once more before ever sitting down to do up pages. Then they go really quick! I'll try to scan some of my recent ones to show off. I use very little embellishments these days. I even got rid of all my eyelets & tools for that.