Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thursday

Our last full day. This vacation was much too short this year! We tried to make each day count and we had very full days.

The day was clear and lovely, blue skies and warm temps. We went out to Pemaquid Lighthouse, one of my favorite spots. It was just about noon when we got there, so we had lunch first. Always a hit with the Littles.

We spent several hours enjoying the rocky beach area, looking for beach glass and interesting rocks. The kids searched all the tidal pools looking for crabs and other creatures. They seemed to enjoy walking around on the large rocks as much as anything. We chatted with other visitors. Our large multi-ethnic family seems to attract attention and conversation. People are curious and we try and share our story of adoption and how God has blessed us. We met one young woman who had never been to the ocean before. I can not imagine and what a treat for he to have this wonderful day to enjoy her first visit.

Rachel enjoying the view from this high perch

A flock of ducks

There were lobster boats in plenty


Gabe took this picture of me on the rocks

rocks and surf

more rocks and water...I never tire of watching it

Rachel and Gabe hunt for treasures

Bessie finds a crab

Bessie hunts for beach glass

Isn't Bess lovely!?

Brian hunts for beach glass

Gabe searches in a tidal pool

It was a wonderful day, a perfect ending to a very enjoyable trip. We stopped in Damariscotta at a fun store called Remy's. It is a soup to nuts type store where you can get almost anything from toys to housewares to shoes and food. It was great fun browsing through the place.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

I LOVE these phots. They are so well composed with gorgeous colours. You must be a very good photographer!

Kristine said...

Debbie, isn't it easy to forget how our own family life can be such amazing testimony for Jesus? Your situation makes it easier for people to approach you. I need to work on this more, TALKING about the ways in which He's blessed us, thank you for the reminder. (And I'm just talking about life in general, not necessarily just adoption.)

Kathy in WA said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the way you share your adoption story with other people. Your family is a blessing!

Debbie said...

Dorothy, I do not really consider myself a good photographer, but this past year I have been trying to do a better job...your know framing your photos, thinking about things in the background, that sort of thing. With the kids, I just point and shoot and hope for the best!

Kristine and Kathy, thank you for your kind words. I often forget that our family is quite different than most and people do notice. I love talking about adoption. As difficult as it has been I still have a real heart for all the many orphans in the world. This is one area where I feel Christians have totally dropped the ball.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I'm more determined than ever to make it to the NE eventually. LOL

Ditto to Kristine and Kathy's comments.

Cynthia said...

We LOVE the beach so much that the next time we go on vacation my family is wanting me to schedule MOSTLY beach days! We've only had 1-2 beach days on each vacation and sometimes only 1/2 a day which just isn't long enough.