Brian took the day off today. It is always so nice to have him home during the day.
The snow didn't last long at all. The sun came out and within 1/2 hour or so, the snow had melted.
We had a good school morning. Gabe did math with Brian and was ever so much more cooperative for him. Maybe I should have Gabe wait until Bri gets home from work and he can do math with Dad.
I was trying to work with Rachel and Hannah together, but I've realized that Hannah really needs more pre-K type work where as Rachel can do K work. Splitting them up worked much better. It has taken a while, but I think we are finally figuring out just where all the kids need for their studies.
Brian and Gabe worked on model rocket today. One of the projects in our TOG book was to build and launch a rocket and they were finally able to get started on it. I can't wait for the launch. Our family used to build and launch rockets when I was a kid. It was a big thrill.
Gabe discovered that something bigger than a bug had gotten into our bug trap experiment. The cans were empty of their bait. It was probably a mouse. Oh well, the weather has turned cold enough that I don't think we are getting much bug movement anyway. We'll have to put it on the back burner and try again in the spring.
Bessie and Dan had doctor appointments this afternoon. Dan's was just for a shot. Bessie had her annual physical. Everything went well with both. Dan, of course, does not like getting shots, but he recovers quickly. Bessie is nice and healthy and doing great!
Brian headed over to his dad's this afternoon for a visit.
I had choir practice this evening. We have a couple more weeks of working on Stars and Stripes. We also did a little bit of work on our Christmas Cantata. Gabe went with me. This has become a weekly event for us.
During the drive tonight we talked about smoking cigarettes (the topic came up because Bessie was discussing it after her Dr visit) and about how hard it is sometimes to say no when friends want you to do something, even if you know it is wrong. It is amazing to me how he makes connections...he likened the discussion to when Larry (from Veggie Tales) was walking around with an oven mitt on his head because it was suppose to be cool and everyone was doing it.
2 comments:
Debbie, I'm so proud of you. I can't imagine gaining 3 new children at once and trying to figure out routines, schedules, school levels, learning styles and love on them and work them into the family....all at once!!!! You have adjusted so well and so quickly...I know you've been a bit "stressed" at times about the speed things are taking but just look at all you and Bri have accomplished so quickly...it's still under a year isn't it?
What year TOG are you doing?
Thank you so much for your encouragement, De'Etta. This was not a good week overall, but we had a better than average school week...go figure!
The adjustment has been better than it could have been, but I find myself being impatient.
I am enjoying your study on parenting and have been sharing it with Brian. So many obstacles are self-made by my attitude. God sure is working on me through all this.
We are doing unit 3 and 4 of TOG3 this year. We are taking a lot of time on the Civil War as we haven't spent much time with this in the past.
Post a Comment