Sunday, November 19, 2006

Quiet Sunday

This morning found all of the youngers with major sniffles. We decided being Thanksgiving week and all that we didn't need to share our germs with everyone at church, so Brian stayed home with them. It was strange for just Bessie and I to go to church alone.

Because Pastor was away, one of the men from church gave the message. He is a pastor himself (hospice chaplain) and always does a great job. I got a package from my secret sister, which is always fun.

We made a quick stop at the grocery store and pharmacy after church.

Brian had a nice soup all ready for lunch when we got home. It was cloudy all day and we had a few showers. A quiet afternoon was spent by all...computer, reading, some TV, napping, etc. Brian did go outside and stacked and covered the firewood.

After the Littles went to bed, we played Monopoly. Gabe beat us all, fair and square. He has a real knack for trading and deals.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a nice afternoon. Hey.. this has nothing to do with this blog post, but I'm curious about your exercise ticker... miles exercised.. is that miles walked, biked, rowed, or what? Thinking I may add a ticker to my blog... but I'm not sure what to ticker (LOL)

Debbie said...

My poor ticker is pretty pathetic! It is any miles I do for exercise, walk, hike, bike, walking video,but it sure hasn't been much these days!

I'm thinking of maybe starting a "Stats for 2007" list on the sidebar after the new year and putting exercise miles there. Might not make me feel so bad if it didn't have a time limit, but a cummulative list.

Lisa in Jax said...

I'll be praying for the littles. Sounds nice having a dh who likes to cook! Of course, I probably wouldn't like having so many people in my kitchen.lol

Cynthia said...

Cummulative info sounds great to me! I had planned to go for a nice walk today since the weather was GORGEOUS, but I opted for cleaning the windows instead.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Well, I popped to the comment section again to say "congrats on hitting 20"....so I think you're doing well.

Hope the younger ones are over the sniffles....or at least quietly resting. LOL