It was a cool, rainy day today, but warm enough not to be freezing or snowing.
Dan was up several times in the night. I am never really sure why he does this. He doesn’t seem to be sick or uncomfortable. Maybe he just needs to reaffirm that someone is there. I can understand this, but it sure makes for a tough next day.
I made an apple and pumpkin pie and dinner rolls. Bessie helped me with the pies. The Youngers played and relaxed this morning. Gabe played the new computer game for quite a while. The Littles love to watch him play on the computer.
We headed over to Mom and Dad’s around noon. They had dinner pretty much all ready. I helped with some last minute things and then we ate. Everything was yummy, of course. Since Mom did all the dinner cooking, I did the dishes. With only eight of us, this wasn’t too hard a task.
The rest of the day was spent relaxing, watching some football, chatting and a bit of napping thrown in. The Littles always love their time at Noona and Papa’s. They discovered the Barbie dolls today. That was a big hit. Mom has toys stashed all over the place and they are still finding them.
We didn’t stay too long and were home by 5:30pm. The Littles wanted to eat again (ugh!) so we gave them a light meal. They watched The Jungle Book.
All is quiet now. I finished cleaning up the kitchen and putting away the baking things. The Littles are in bed and Gabe and Bessie are reading in the other room. We heard from Brian with his "I arrived safely call".
5 comments:
Glad you had a good day. I was surprised how enjoyable our day was.
Sounds like a really relaxing day. What a blessing to have the meal made by someone else.LOL I think I'll try that next year.lol
Glad that it turned out to be a good day.
MMMM left over pumpkin and apple pie for breakfast.
Debbie,
Urg-I know how those days go-the day when they leave. You ahve my empathy and prayers and you find a new routine, a workable groove, and hope that he'll come home soon and safe. Knowing you, you'll probably even get to the point beyond survival mode where you can actually enjoy the moment! Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment