Monday, November 27, 2006

Ear Piercing

Bess has wanted to get her ear pierced...again, for quite some time. I was pretty adament against it...she already had two holes in each ear. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that she has to start being allowed to make some of these "major" life decisions on her own. She is such a wonderful Christian young lady and daughter...what difference does it make is she has no holes or ten.
So, we let her get them pierced again. She has said that this time it seems to hurt more. I think it was very close to the cartilage. I have to admit that it looks pretty cute with all her different earrings in.

5 comments:

Kristine said...

I got my second holes when I was about her age. I almost passed out from the pain, and I've never been interested in going higher up my ears!

Bess, they look great!

Anonymous said...

Thank You kristine!
I have to comment that the actual piercing doesn't hurt as much the higher you go up. BUT they will be sore and stay sore for a while

berrypatch said...

May I just say.....OW!!!! LOL I had my second holes put in when I went to college. A little girl was there & her mom told her to watch me to see how easy it was. It wasn't - it hurt!!! I ended up letting them close over. :-)

Lisa

Cynthia said...

Can you believe that I pierced my 2nd holes myself? A friend and I were going to do each others in high school. I did hers and then when it was her turn to do mine she couldn't follow through. So...I put ice on it to numb it and then poked the stud all the way through..I can STILL FEEL it today (LOL)! I've never let them grow shut and I always keep my diamonds in those holes and then wear fashion jewelry in my first holes. Our dd pierced her cartlidge the very first time and I thought she'd never pierce her ear lobes after that..b ut she eventually did. She was probably 15 when she first pierced her ears.

Anonymous said...

Bessie,
You are just so cute!
Nikki (your mom's friend)