The last couple of days have been pretty quiet, nothing too exciting.
Yesterday we did school in the morning and then went to visit friends. We don't get out and visit as much as we used it and we all had a good time. Dan was not happy with their large dog, but they put him downstairs.
They have a very nice yard that at one time was highly landscaped. I got some great ideas for new garden features. In particular is a very nice pond/stream system. I always thought our yard was too flat for something like this, but their yard is also very flat and the pond looks great. I'll have to get Brian to go over and take some notes and start making plans. He will love a project like this. I am so glad he enjoys doing the heavy part of gardening.
Today was a very lazy Saturday. Brian had to work, so the kids and I were running solo. It was quite cool today and overcast. It looked so winterish. Brrrr!
We headed to the library this morning. We got quite a few more books for our Civil War study and found a couple of videos that will work well. The Littles like to each pick out a book or two and Gabe found some of his favorites to check out again.
The rest of the day was spent in leisurely activities of one sort or another, reading, stitching, computer, Nintendo, dress up and other play. Bessie was ambitious enough to go for a run.
Brian brought home KFC for dinner. Bessie had requested this as her birthday meal but with the change in plans last week, we didn't get to it. As unhealthy as it probably it is, it is also a family favorite.
4 comments:
Well actually on the radio today they said KFC *ahem* and I quote "they have switched to a soybean oil to fry the chicken in that will cut down on the trans-fat blah blah blah." whatever like mom said even at this it probably isn't still very good for you.
LOL - well one has to live dangerously sometimes....
yes I think some balance somewhere would get all messed up if we NEVER had goodies, LOL.
Sounds like it was a very nice day.
We like to do KFC occasionally, too. It was dh's grandpa's favorite place to eat out and we think of him everytime we go there or get their take out.
Post a Comment