Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I spent a good portion of the morning working up the quarterly reports for Bessie, Gabe and Rachel. This year, I had to put in the hours done for each subject for Bessie. We tried to keep track, but we didn't always document it very well. This meant a lot of going back, looking up what books we read and estimating the time spent reading. I think we finally have it all straight. What it did show me is, we do a lot more reading than the school system requires. The reports will go out in the mail tomorrow.

The kids played outside after lunch until we had to leave for Bessie's piano lesson. With Brian gone, the youngers and I had to wait for Bess. We decided to take a walk. Her teacher lives in a housing development and it is a nice area to walk....little traffic and paved roads. I popped Dan in the stroller so I could go fast enough to make it a good walk for me. Hannah got quite tired and I piled her in with Dan...good thing they are so small.

Our next stop was WalMart to look for the Fisher Price Nativity Set. I asked the people in the holiday area...nope they didn't have anything like that. Okay, toys next. Asked someone there...nope, they didn't have it. Well, a very nice woman who actually looked like she knew what she was doing, overheard and said yes, they had the sets. They were stacked on the high shelves someplace. She hadn't worked since Saturday and she said they are constantly moving things around. We browsed in the toy section a bit and sure enough, she came up with one of the sets! We were thrilled. We picked up a few other things and checked out.

We made a stop at the library and headed home. It was late by the time we got home. The kids watched a Veggie Tales video while I threw together a quick dinner. The Littles went to bed right after we ate.

Gabe and I read a couple chapters of Pinocchio and snuggled. Bessie had some internet time and then went to bed to read. I actually turned the TV on tonight. The first time all week. I try very hard to stay off the TV, especially when Bri is away as I tend to get sucked in and stay up watching way too late. I did good tonight, watched one program, a little bit of news and shut it off.

It is so warm tonight...still in the 50s and it is near midnight. I think they are predicting record warm temps tomorrow and then I dive down to more seasonable. It is going to seem so cold after our warm stretch.

6 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Debbie,

Way to go with the reports. It's such a nice feeling to get them done. My personal goal for this year is to polish up the portfolios each 9 weeks. We only have to send them in once a year.

Glad you found the nativity.

How strange to see you at 58* and us at 27*. LOL

Diann said...

I looked all over our Walmart for the Nativity. They had Noah's Ark, but no Nativity. I didn't ask anyone though...I'll have to do that. I know what you mean about getting sucked into TV and staying up too late when dh is gone. I have the same problem.

Diann

Jodi said...

Glad you found the nativity, it looks so cute on De'Etta's blog! Maybe I should get it and convince Tristan (7) that he is still young enough...hmmmm....thinking, maybe he is, LOL.

Well done on the quarterly reports.

Weather...I think we on the east coast better get ready, it WILL feel like a shock to the system when that cold moves in!

Cynthia said...

Ok... what age is this nativity for? I may have to go look one up for our 3 yo... I'll have to check De's blog again to see the picture! I LOVE nativity sets and this one looks a lot nicer than the cloth one he plays with now. I could buy the new one and retire the other one... or not... I haven't been able to get rid of a single one yet and I have TONS of them... maybe I should blog ALL of my nativity sets sometime (LOL)!

Lisa in Jax said...

Now that my oldest kids are doing high school work, I spend a lot of time on the paper work. It's hard at first but I think as time goes on, it gets easier.

Pretty cool that you found the Nativity set! I'm hoping to find it today.

Debbie said...

Lisa, I hope you are right on the paperwork. I am not...repeat not, an organized person and this is torture for me!

QB, I'd love to see your nativity sets. There are so many different ones out there. All of my kids are playing with the FP set, even my 14yo sneaks a little time. It is so cute. Our only problem is that the new kids want to play the music/light all the time and that doesn't always work when someone is watching TV.