Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sunny Saturday

Another wonderfully warm day today in the northeast. I am loving this extended period of warmer weather.

We took advantage of the nice weather to get some things done outside. We washed some windows. It takes forever to wash the windows in this house because they are the old multi-pane type. Add the triple-track storms and it takes about 30 minutes to do one window with Bri working outside and me inside.

The kids had a lot of fun playing outside again today. The Littles are going to be in for a shock when more seasonable weather shows up.

Bessie made some face paint and everyone had a lot of fun with that.

Gabe as Darth Mull

Bessie makes Dan a "bear"

Brian scraped and painted the front door casing. The house has vinyl siding (which we hate), but there is still some wood trim in various places. The front has a large wood frame around the door and windows.

Bri does some painting

I painted the two side doors. The doors have been white ever since we moved in ten years ago and I have always wanted them red, well today was the day! They really look great. Brian, Gabe and I took a quick walk.

The kids were very dirty from their day outside and playing with the face paint, so after dinner, everyone took a turn in the shower. What a production line!

After the Littles were in bed, we played a couple games of UNO Attack and Candy Land. Gabe has made our game board more interesting by adding Lord Licorice and Gloppy game cards and also adding a few more short cuts.

8 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

while over here...we are reveling in COOLER whether. We took advantage of it to go to the park and a local school to play. LOL

Your house looks gorgeous....

Anonymous said...

Deb, Gabe looks like a Big Reds fan with his face painted. Sal

Tiffany said...

Debbie, I'd love to see a pic of your new red door! You all are so productive with your time; it encourages me to get up and get thigns done!

Jodi said...

The kids look so cute in their face paint. What a great big sis Bessie is.

We enjoyed being outdoors yesterday too.

So you might get the Lively Lessons Math! I think you will probably like it since we seem to like many of the same things. It IS different. The teachers manual does not tell you do do x on Wednesday and y on Thursday. You just progress as the kids are ready.

I will give you a tip if you do get it. I have found the "gems" at the dollar tree store from time to time. I have been picking up extras sometimes to make manipulatives with or just play. They are larger than the lively lessons gems though. I'm guessing craft stores would have the correct size. You get one bag of gems with the kit.

Debbie said...

De'Etta, we do love our house. It is very old circa 1840s. It has a lot of charm, but also so many things that could be done. We pick away at them as we can.

Sal, Gabe got a chuckle out of the Big Reds comment.

Tiffany, it rained today, but hopefully in a day or two I can post a picture of the door. I really love how it looks.

Jodi, Bessie is a wonderful big sister and I couldn't ask for a better daughter. Thanks for the ideas on Lively Lessons.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

I love your old timberclad home. The shutters are beautiful!

It reminds me of a hose we lived in while we lived in Ontario.

Dorothy

praisemusicmom said...

Deb, can't wait to see a picture of your red doors!

Cynthia said...

I'm curious why you don't like your vinyl siding. Everytime we have to paint our house (3 times in 15 years now) we wish we could get vinyl... but then we realize the cost of doing that 1x would allow us to hire people to paint it as many more times as we'll ever need to in our life time (LOL)! Anyway.... just wondering why you don't like it.
Cynthia