The weather has been considerably cooler, but nice.
Brian was home yesterday in prep for his trip. He did some last minute chores....brought over lots of firewood for me, so I don't have to lug so much, cleaned out the woodstove and a few other things. He also helped me put up some of our Christmas lights outside. He will not be home until mid-December and I like to have some lights outside. We do not decorate a lot for Christmas, but the lights are so pretty.
"Decking the Halls"
We made a Post Office run, I got four books from PBS! Woohoo! And a quick stop for some last minute items Bri needed.We had homemade pizza for dinner. After the Littles went to bed, we played Cadoo. Gabe loves this game. We always pair one of us with him, but his reading has gotten quite good and I think next time he can play by himself.
Today was a tougher day for us. Brian was heading out on his longer TDY. It is nothing compared to others, but tough for us none the less.
We all drove to the airport. It was more crowded today, being the day before Thanksgiving, but not too bad as it was still early.
We have learned over the years to not linger too long with our goodbyes, it makes it so hard on everyone. We said our goodbyes, gave our kisses, waved and left. Gabe had the hardest time, but stayed strong until we left the terminal and then he started to cry, which always makes me cry! By the time we were driving out of the lot, Gabe, Bessie and I were all weeping. The Littles don't understand the significance yet and probably thought we were a bit strange.
I decided a treat was in order to help ease our sadness. We headed to the mall...not that the mall is a treat for me, but their food court is! LOL Unfortunately, I hadn't realized that they are doing reconstruction and the food court was closed. We opted for Friendlys. This was a big hit and the kids had a great time. They were so good.
An elderly woman that was sitting at a table next to us, stopped on her way out to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving and to tell me how much she enjoyed watching the children during lunch. She said she was alone and it is so nice to see happy, well behaved children. It was a happy momma moment.
The gang at lunch

We made a stop at Toys R' Us where we picked up a new computer game...Pajama Sam. It was late afternoon by the time we started heading home and the traffic had gotten very heavy. A trip that usually takes us 30 minutes took almost an hour.
The rest of the day was spent in leisurely activities. The Littles are in bed and Bess and Gabe are watching a movie.


5 comments:
Debbie, It seems like a bit of an upside down Thanksgiving for you, blessed with your larger family, yet your dh gone. I'm praying for you to have a wonderful day together.
{{Debbie}}
Oh I KNOW that airport scene you describe. It's the pits that they sent Bri the day before Thanksgiving...
Praying the time goes fast for all of you.
Can you believe someone actually asked me, "Are you enjoying your break from your husband?" tonight at the chapel service/social. To which I replied, "No, I'm not." Then she said, "Are you going to have #10 when he gets back?" To which I replied "I think I'll go for triplets and make it an even dozen". She choked on her pie. She deserved too...but I'm being petty. For obvious reasons this one won't make it to my blog - they all read it. LOL
Ok. I have to say that was a DOWNRIGHT RUDE comment for someone to make to De. Some people just don't think do they? Our family is thankful for all the military families who sacrifice for our country! Thanks to both of you for your sacrfices on our behalf.
The airport is tough. Sometimes I wonder if I should go alone, or have Bri take a taxi or something, but we have been doing this a lot of years and somehow the airport scene is all part of it.
People really can be so incredibly thoughtless. Most people that know me, know better than to say something like that, but I still get the occasional person who thinks life is better without husbands. I get mad and then I think how sad. Obviously their marriages are not great or even good.
I have been thinking so much about you and your family and hold you continually in my prayers.
(((Debbie))) I was thinking of you and De'Etta and other military spouses yesterday. It's got to be so hard when holidays are involved.
How nice about the Friendly's trip though, it's great that you got a nice compliment from that lady.
I'm also in shock about the comment which De'Etta got, what are some people thinking?
Post a Comment